In this blog, we’ll take a look at how to install Node.js on Windows? It will cover installing Node.js on the following versions of Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. These are the versions that are consistently tested and supported by the Node.js build process at the time of writing.
You can install Node.js by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Download Nodejs from https://nodejs.org/en/
- Double click on downloaded installer
- Follow the steps and install Node.js
- Open Command Prompt
- Type node -v
- Hit Enter key
- Nodejs version will be shown
Features of Node.Js
- Scalable – You can Scale Node.js application either horizontally or vertically
- Unit Testing – It supports Unit Testing
- Server Development – It’s built-in API help you create different kinds of server
- Better Performance – V8 engine compiles the JS code directly into machine code which makes it fast.
- Open Source – It’s free to use
Uses of Node.js
- Serves the web
- Considered as a lightweight server which can serve client requests in a more simpler way than java
- It performs communication operation with databases, web-sockets, middleware etc.
You may also like: How to Download and Install JDK?