Installing Maven on Windows
Apache Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. We will see how it can be set up on a Windows machine?
First of all, we need to download maven from the given link: https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi
Follow the following steps to get the above screen.
- Right-click on the My Computer icon from your desktop
- Click Properties
- Click Advanced tab
- Click Environment Variables button
- You would see Environment Variables interface
- Click New associated with System variables section
- You would see the New System Variable interface
- Put MAVEN_HOME into the variable name field
- Put path of your Maven into the variable value field, as in the above screen my ANT Home directory is installed on C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\apache-maven
- Click OK
- In the System Variables, you would see the variable Select the row, click Edit and define two paths (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\apache-maven\bin) like in the following screen, in our case path of Maven bin folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\apache-maven\bin
- Click OK
- To check setup run command mvn -version as shown in below screen
You may also like: How to Resolve a Merge Conflict on GitHub?