Software testing plays a key role in identifying and fixing bugs in an application. Moreover, it is crucial in quick delivery and ensuring high-quality software. We have seen that there are many companies that have completely changed their testing mechanism to ensure a high-quality product. This is by outsourcing their testing efforts to an independent software testing agency.
An independent software testing involves one or more testers to test the product independently and is associated with the development team in any way. Independent software testing can be performed on the web and mobile (iOS and Android) based applications.
Need for Independent Software Testing
There are various organizations who have either their in-house team to carry out the testing activities or have the developers with testing knowledge to do the job. However, in such cases, they fail to detect significant bugs that affect the performance of an application. This is a big hindrance where the company continuously strives to ensure high-quality software products with minimum cost. Moreover, there is a lot of burden on the developers to carry out both the activities.
An independent software testing approach can solve this problem. By opting an independent software firm, the company doesn’t have to invest in the testing in advance, which might get wasted when there is no need for the testers, hence affecting the overall revenue of the organization. Testing activity keeps on changing with the change in client requirements. It is very difficult for an organization to keep up with these changes due to time and cost constraint, which leads to compromising with quality
As already discussed, these challenges can be handled by independent testing organizations.
Benefits of Independent Software Testing
- An independent tester can continuously track more bugs and defects than a test engineer working with the developers
- Tester working independently brings a different perspective to testing, which often helps in identifying the hidden defects and problems
- Isolated tester reports the bugs without getting personal or partial to co-workers
- Independent test team spends money on training, tools, equipment, etc., which helps ensure the proper utilization of money
- It is easy to have a productive career path in independent software testing organizations