Visual Studio Code is a code editor redefined and optimized for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications. Visual Studio Code is free!!!
It supports a number of programming languages and a set of features that may or may not be available for a given language, as shown in the following table. Many of Visual Studio Code features are not exposed through menus or the user interface. Rather, they are accessed via the command palette or via a .json file (e.g., user preferences). The command palette is a command-line interface. However, it disappears if the user clicks anywhere outside it or presses a key combination on the keyboard to interact with something outside it. When this happens, the command in progress is canceled.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download and install Visual Studio Code.
- Go to https://code.visualstudio.com/
- Click on Download for Window drop down
- Click Other downloads link
- Download System Installer
- Wait for Download to complete
- Click on the Downloaded installer
- Follow the on-screen instruction
- Finish the installation
- Launch Visual Studio Code
- Go beyond syntax highlighting and auto-complete with IntelliSense, which provides smart completions based on variable types, function definitions, and imported modules.
- Debug code right from the editor. Launch or attach to your running apps and debug with breakpoints, call stacks, and an interactive console.
- Working with Git and other SCM providers has never been easier. Review diffs, stage files, and make commits right from the editor. Push and pull from any hosted SCM service.
You may also like: How to Install Protractor?