Appium is a mobile test automation framework, especially for mobile apps and games that work for all: native, hybrid and mobile web apps for iOS and Android. Before we setup Appium, you must download the most recent Java Development Kit (JDK) on your system.
Installing the Java Development Kit (JDK)
You can refer to the earlier blog: How to Install and Execute Java and then Configure Maven on Windows Machine? to install and execute Java.
You can refer to the earlier blog: How to Configure Android and Devices on your Windows PC? to add a device.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to add Appium.
- Download the Appium server from the following link: http://appium.io/downloads.html
- After installation is complete, open Appium server to see the below screen.
- Click on the ‘Start Server v1.8.1’ button to see the below screen.
- Make sure the device is connected with the system.
- You can see the id of the device by running the following command: adb devices
- Select inspector
- After you have selected the inspector, you should see the below screen
- Add the dependencies as shown in the figure.
- If desire capabilities setup successfully you should see the below screen.
- Now it’s ready to capture element locators.